Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization
For healthcare providers who infrequently see critically ill children and any healthcare provider who might encounter pediatric patients. This course is not intended for those credentialed for advanced pediatric skills that routinely provide pediatric care.
• Pediatric assessment
• Respiratory compromise and arrest recognition and management
• Circulatory compromise and arrest recognition and management
• Shock recognition and management
• Resuscitation team concept
• Chain of survival
• Learning stations to practice and reinforce essential skills
• Video-based simulation lets students actually see and hear critically ill children
• Students learn to apply the Assess-Categorize-Decide-Act (ACDA) Worksheet tool
• Enhances skills in recognizing shock, respiratory failure and cardiopulmonary emergencies
• Improves competency in pediatric basic life support
• Classroom format is ideal for those who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
American Heart Association PEARS Provider Course Completion Card valid for two years.
In the classroom, students engage in Instructor-led video simulation and learning stations. Students work with an AHA Certified PALS Instructor to complete skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.